“The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” William Morris
1. Go for a walk every day.
2. Take time to sit in silence alone each day.
3. Get enough sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning remind yourself of your life goals.
5. Approach everything in life with enthusiasm.
6. Read more books – open your mind.
7. Practice meditation – Spirituality is linked to better health and lower stress levels.
8. Dream more while you are awake – daydreaming creates feel good feelings.
9. Make at least three people smile each day – smiling keeps negativity away.
10. Laugh every day, life is too short to sweat the small stuff!
11. Clear clutter from your house, your car and your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
12. Don’t waste your precious time and energy on gossip.
13. Get up early each day – make the most of the morning tranquility.
14. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
15. Unplug your TV – have the occasional media detox days, no TV, no cell phone, no Internet.
16. Make a list of the happiest moments of your life and think about one of these moments every day.
17. Relish life’s simplest pleasures.
18. Each night before you go to bed write down what you have accomplished and be thankful for it.
19. Never stop learning – learn something new everyday.
20. Exercise a little everyday.
21. Be content with what you have – there is always something to be grateful for…
22. Keep a journal – writing your thoughts and ideas down is therapeutic and creative.
23. Plan a schedule for your week and stick to it.
24. Surround yourself with inspiring people.
25. Say no to distractions.
26. Drink lots of water.
27. Find pleasure in your work every single day.
28. Be passionate – dedicate one hour each day to something you are passionate about.
29. Know your strengths and play to these.
30. Be patient.
31. Don’t give up on your goals.
32. Speak less. Listen more.
33. Don’t try too hard – you don’t have to get along with everyone.
34. Be kinder – everyone you meet is facing their own life challenges.
35. Stop complaining – it makes you miserable company.
36. Take responsibility for your life and your actions – stop making excuses.
37. Show your emotions – it is not a sign of weakness.
38. When you are worried – don’t dwell but take positive action.
39. Remember, No One is perfect.
40. Avoid over explaining yourself – be confident in your convictions.
41. Keep balance in your life.
42. Have the courage to face challenges head on – never be afraid of a challenge.
43. Don’t compromise your value system.
44. Help others – small and simple actions can make a huge difference to someone else’s life.
45. Don’t take things too personally.
46. Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself – it shows that you are comfortable in your own skin.
47. Manage your time and focus on priorities.
48. Ask for help – life can be tough remember you never have to go it alone.
49. Do your homework and know what you getting into before you start.
50. Learn to forgive others and stop carrying around hate, guilt or regret.
51. Finish what you started – stay focused on the end goal.
52. Be willing to admit your mistakes
53. Stop thinking you are not ready – be brave and go for it!
54. Leave work at work.
55. Do what you say you will do.
56. Avoid texting people at 1 am after a night out!
57. Don’t compare your life to others – be happy with what you have.
58. Don’t judge people on appearances.
59. Always deal with a misunderstanding immediately – don’t let things fester.
60. Stop beating yourself up for old mistakes – make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
61. Remember that your thoughts create your reality.
62. Don’t respond to someone when you are angry.
63. It’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
64. Never ruin an apology with an excuse.
65. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
66. You don’t have to win every argument – agree to disagree.
67. Remember no-one is in charge of your happiness except you.
68. However good or bad a situation is it will change as nothing is forever.
69. The best things in life are in nature.
70. Be true to yourself and trust your instinct!